Creative Writing

Creative Writing

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Beauty

It took a while for me to write about beauties of nature. Infact I found it quite surprising as for writing an “beauties of nature”. One’s supposed to be knowing the in-depth knowledge of beauty and nature. I have been wondering as lot what could be the definition of beauty so that keeping that in mind I can sort out what what beauties lie there in nature, but difficult for me as I couldn’t find one beauty in particular, found keats saying “beauty is truth and truth beauty” that is all we know and need to know and I believe everybody amongst you is fond of quotation “beauty lies in the eyes of beholder”. Finding a lot of contyradictions among different scholars about beauty, I started thinking at my own. The very first thing I observed that the “Theory of relativity” was quite applicable while defining beauty. Standards of beauty were never be the same among a variety of cultures, communities and nations etc. The variations being effected by the psyche of the people which then was influenced by environment, culture, social norms, taboos, religion and geography etc. Now cutting it short to me, beauty seemed to be anything, one calls a “beauty”. By anything I literally mean “anything” and would also like to mention that I am not giving a definition to “beauty” because according to my knowledge it is impossible. Further investigating into it, I made it clear to myself that, it was some mood, some feeling, an emotion which can get aroused within everybody at anytime and at anywhere. As I mentioned earlier I am not trying to defone beauty, just enjoying beauties of nature hehehe,….. Afterall who am I to confine such a beautiful concept in to words which by the time would loose their meaning as earlier. The primary and the only source of beauty is nature. People may not agree that it’s the only source of beauty but sorry I wont agree as it is a presentation not debate but I would definitely quote what Monto once said “whatever it is, is natural, nothing is unnatural”. Lets come to the nature, now where we were asked to pick beauties from, wherelse can we enjoy beauties from but I am sorry I can’t make a list of “beauties” what “to me”. First of All I can’t fill indefinite number of pages and keep on doing it a lifetime. What we think beauty is not at all, its just whatever nature has exposed or I would rather say. Its only our vision. It again supports the view of beauty being relative and also indefinite. One would always say or write whatever he experiences. Lets go to the nature, the primary source of beauty as nature can only provide a definition to what its giving us. I can’t figure out any common aspect or factors whatever you call it which are always compulsory to define something e.g in society, the definition says “A group of people living together with particular social norms” etc but in the case of beauty we can’t even experience one particular mood based on which we can define beauty. Nature wont give us a definition of beauty, beaing indefinite, would give countless forms of beauty. The countless forms of beauty giving birth to coutless number of moods, aspects and factors, restricts us to define beauty. Sorry but I don’t think I have been irrelevant of topic. Instead found it quite funny where I was being asked to the number of beauties of nature hahaha,… Always “long live beauty” now don’t ask me about what I think is beauty? I would only say love it, enjoy it and waiting for more and more to come in your way. At the end I would like to say “sorry” if I haven’t been able to count the “Beauties of nature” but tried my level best to write down what I can’t say No mountain, No desert. No season, No lady etc can define beauty, but yes they might come under the domain of it. So, I would try to define beauty atlast inj one sentence that “perfection in anything is beauty” but it is impossible because nothing is perfect in this world.
                                                     “I can never count the beauties of nature, but surely i can always count on them which will enlighten the darkness within”.

No comments:

Post a Comment